Friday, November 13, 2009

Jersey Shore reality show?

Oh, boy - another senseless reality show stereotyping New Jersey & it's inhabitants of the Jersey shore, more specifically - Seaside Heights. 'Jersey Shore' is supposed to bring to light the young muscleheads, self conscious metrosexuals about the day in the life of a bling, bling grease head & the sensitive independent woman(sarcasm) that are attracted to them. I hope this show is not going to stereotype a certain race, Italian americans to be exact. To me, it's seems demeaning to try to depict a certain lifestyle of clubbing, being gym meatheads, & tan concsious to a certain ethnic group. Maybe, I've been out of touch for a while & not in tune with these young gunners nowadays , but when I grew up, I thought the term guido was more of an attitude, dress style, & the link to dance music from KTU 103.5 (in my days it was on 97.1 FM). I would even bet that the Jersey Shore is filled with numb nuts from New York, specifically Staten Island giving the real flavor of the Jersey Shore a different taste. Thank you MTV for embarking on another train wreck show...bada bing bada boom....December 9th, 2009 for all the fist pumpers!

No comments:

Post a Comment